Copyright and Creative Commons
The material featured on this website (https://www.merch.bookbunk.org ) is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately, not used in a misleading context or for commercial purposes and acknowledged.
The permission to reproduce material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Book Bunk encourages users to establish hypertext links to this site. Should you do this, use only the generic website address (https://www.merch.bookbunk.org/) rather than specific page addresses, to allow for revision and restructuring of the website from time to time.
Creative Commons: CC-BY-NC-SA
The material on this website is held under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. This means that all material must be credited to the author and can only be used for non-commercial purposes. You are allowed to adapt the material to your own work but must acknowledge the original author as stated on the website. However, no commercial use of the licenced material is permitted, neither of the original nor of any modified form.
If you wish to use any of the material on the site for commercial purposes, you can direct your queries to email@example.com
All sales are final. No refunds.
This statement explains what information we gather when you visit our website and lets you know how this information is used and protected.
The purpose for collecting and processing data is to maintain and monitor the performance of our website, and to constantly look to improve the services we offer you.
On a legal basis, we are processing your personal data for our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. We use this information to bring you the best possible content and experience on our website. If you don’t provide us with the required personal data, we’ll try to provide you with the best service, but it may be difficult.
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things such as:
- Maintaining and improving our services to meet the needs of our users
- Understanding how people use our services to improve the performance of services offered
- Ensuring our services to provide you with a better user experience
- Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
- Researching and improving our services for our users
This policy was last reviewed on 21/11/2022.
It is standard practice for web servers to collect data automatically about all requests for files (web pages, images, etc). Data gathered by our web servers include:
- Your IP address
- Details about your web browser
- Details about the files requested
- Date and time of requests for each file requested,
- The referring page, if any, from which you may have followed a hyperlink
- Search terms and search results
- The domain from which your request originated
- Your username, if you have authenticated with the webserver
In addition to data collected automatically by the web servers, some of our pages request additional information. Where this happens you will find further specific information about the data gathered and its use.
- Personalise the content you see on the website so that it is more relevant to you based on your profile or interests.
- Display our website in a tailored way, for example, show you specific archival content we think you might like.
- Enable you to share our content with others using social media or email.
- Communicate (and personalise such communication) with you through our newsletters, (but only those you have consented to receive).
- Improve the design and style of the website.
- Inform you about services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive that type of communication.
- Interface personalisation, such as language, or any user-interface customisation (i.e. parameters attached to your device including your screen resolution or font preference)
We use functional cookies to enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
We collect personal data related to your use of our website, including:
- Your login details
- Pages you looked at
- Duration of your visit
- Technical information such as your IP address, browser information, device information, your unique ID which is given to each visitor, and the expiration date of the ID
For more information about cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org
What we do with the Data
Data relating to web server requests are used for completion of the current activity (e.g. a request to view a web page), and are subsequently stored in log files, which are later processed to provide statistical information about usage, load on servers, traffic patterns, troubleshooting, incident investigation, etc.
These data are also recorded by Google Analytics which is used to report on web traffic on its sites. Analysis of web usage may be used for: systems and performance monitoring; research; marketing (e.g. analysis of demographic information and user behaviour). Information gathered will not be used to contact users, except where consent has been explicitly given or where security incidents are under investigation.
Personal data will not be passed on to third parties and will remain confidential, unless explicitly stated (e.g. if a web form is gathering data to be passed on to an external partner). The exceptions to this are:
- Log files and other data may be analysed by external support providers when investigating faults and other technical issues relating to web server performance.
- Some of the archive’s web pages include tracking code which allows Google Analytics to record usage and traffic information. These data are held on Google servers, are used for reporting and analysis by Book Bunk and a limited number of external consultants; they are not shared with any other parties. They are not used to identify individuals.
- Data entered by the user for online ordering of certain services are passed to our credit/debit card-processing partner together with a unique transaction number when required for the purpose of processing online orders and payments. Such data is also stored by Book Bunk in accordance with the law. The archive web pages do not gather details of your credit or debit card.
- Data may be passed to the police and other authorities where it is required in the investigation of illegal activities and security breaches.
Where data is passed to third parties, it is done so in compliance with the Data Protection Act No. 24 of 2019. Anonymised usage data may be provided in publically-available web statistics; any such data cannot be traced to individual users.
Notice on Potential Infringement
The Book Bunk archive respects the intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights of others. The archive may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove certain content or disable access to content that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been violated by material available through the archive, please provide the archive copyright agent with the following information:
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is true.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- An exact description of where the material about which you complain is located within the Internet Archive collections
- Your address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agentormation in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and your electronic or physical signature.
The website content and metadata of www.nrblibraries-archive.org may not be used in any way that causes the service or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. Unless permission has been granted by Book Bunk, you may not use, attempt to use, or permit the use of any automated software agents (including, but not limited to, any screen scraper, spider or other web crawler) to access website content and metadata or to search, copy, monitor, display or obtain links to any part of the website. You may not use website content and metadata or permit it to be used to copy the data and information for display on any other website, except where Book Bunk has given authorisation. You shall not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights or those of any other person in the website content.